There is a lot that goes on in my mind throughout the day at any given moment. I could be thinking of several different topics – phosphorus characterization, how my kids tend to resemble me, how to save the world, how I wish I could be done with school, fishing, hiking, running, friends, politics, guns, and most of the time – how I love my wife’s body. Today however I am just a little opinionated – so…
1) I am not part of the 68% who approve with the President’s first couple days in office and here is why…
a) I believe the executive order to close GITMO before there was a full understanding of where those that still want to harm us are going to go was not a good decision. I think he could have received the same effect he wanted by publically commanding those in charge to give him exit strategies before the order. It is still a year away but I would have done it differently
b) The executive order to now fund international groups that support abortion – repealing the Bush, Bush, and Reagan orders.. I know the history and it started in 84 and was repealed by Clinton and now Obama – still wrong decision.
c) Out in 16 months is awesome, I want our soldiers home but deadlines are never good when playing with the enemy…
· I have appreciated the looks he has given Biden over the last week wishing he would shut up…priceless
2) I really dislike ABC’s streaming of shows on the web. We can’t afford cable because we made the choice to have high speed, therefore we watch our shows on the internet. ABC is the only network that makes you click to continue your show after a commercial…it has made the difference on whether or not we have watched a show…petty I know but I have an opinion. ABC – if you want us to watch your shows…don’t make me get up every 5 minutes.
3) People who honk at you when you are running to make you jump need to get in an accident – don’t really mean it but come on – it is not FUNNY and yes your mother was a snow blower (Number 5 Alive)
4) Lead, follow or get out of the way…more on this later…good book
Enough for today… written during a mandatory seminar that I have already listened to last week, but have to show up and look busy.
#1 by abelara on January 26, 2009 - 4:09 PM
i love the honesty.
especially the last line. 😉
#2 by Maggie on January 26, 2009 - 8:50 PM
#3 made me laugh out loud.